There was two big problems with Cube World : no game update since 4 years and no way to host a stable PvE server. While the first problem is still present, the second has been solved by the cuwo developer, "matpow2".cuwo is an open server implementation for Cube World, written in Python and C++.
For years, it was only possible to host PvP servers. But since few days, "matpow2" has finally found the solution, and now it is possible to host stable PvE servers.
cuwo is available on https://github.com/matpow2/cuwo
Servers running cuwo are available here : https://cubeworld-servers.com/tag/cuwo/Features:
- Cross-platform support (Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, what have you)
- NPCs and mobs, just as in the regular server
- File/console logging
- MOTD message
- Scripting (see the minimal welcome.py example)
- Advanced configuration
- Ban system
- Commands (/kick, /say, /whereis, /setclock, /kill, /stun. etc.)
- Rights management (/login password)
- IRC bot
- PvP script
- DDoS prevention
- Lower CPU requirements than normal server
- Optimizations in C++
- ... and much more!